Managing Your Loved One’s Estate Can Be Difficult
Probate is the process of estate administration that must go through court. This can happen if your loved one had a will rather than a trust, or if they passed away without an estate plan at all. The process of probate can be lengthy and expensive. You need a professional probate administration lawyer on your side to handle anything that might come up.
The Help You Need During A Stressful Time
Though every situation is different, most probate situations involve similar steps:
- Evaluating the property of the deceased. After a family member’s death, particularly if there is no will, property may be scattered. This includes not just money in the bank, but any property rights or other assets.
- Payment of taxes and debts owed by the estate. In probate, these must be paid before heirs receive their inheritance.
- Investigating claims by heirs (if there is no will in place naming them). This is one place where the process can become lengthy, if there are many claimants.
- Resolving any disputes. This can also be a difficult part of the process.
- Inheritance distribution. If the deceased had a will, the inheritances may be subject to estate tax. In the instance of joint ownership among heirs receiving property, there will need to be an understanding of your legal rights, obligations and duties to one another. This can avoid confusion, as well as address conflicting opinions, regarding what to do with the property once it is received.
Handling all this on your own can be very difficult. Having a seasoned probate attorney on your side can make the process much easier.
We Can Take It Off Your Shoulders: Call Today
If you are facing probate due to the death of a loved one, or if the death of a loved one is imminent and you want to know what can be done to preserve their estate before their passing, you need a lawyer working on your behalf. An attorney can educate you, perhaps recommend a strategy to avoid probate, and overall streamline the process for a smooth transition. To discuss your case with a member of our team at Gonzalez Law, PLLC, call our Fort Worth office today at 817-349-7730, or reach out through our online contact form. We will respond as soon as possible.
Nosotros hablamos espanol.